Wednesday 3 January 2018

Tis the Season

Hi and welcome!  I took some time yesterday to make a card and guess what?  It was another Christmas card!  The embossing challenge at Merry Monday hooked me in and I decided to ink up a NBUS set from Lawn Fawn that I thought would languish unused until later in the year when I decided it was time to start making Christmas cards again 😃  As the stamps and die I used are new, I'm also linking up the the Anything New challenge at Sweet Stampin'

I stuck with heat embossing for my card and embossed the stars in Silver Pearl embossing powder which is a really pretty soft silvery-pearl look and I embossed the sentiment in Liquid Platinum embossing powder, which is probably my favorite metallic embossing powder.


I started by blending distress inks onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock for my background.  After that was finished, I set it aside to dry completely before embossing.

These images are from the Winter Village stamp set and I stamped and colored them with Copics, keeping to a red, brown and green color palette.  The "lights" on the trees were embossed with the Silver Pearl EP.  I cut the images with my Scan n Cut and also die-cut the (also NBUS) Stitched Hillside Backdrop Portrait die from white cardstock and set to work arranging everything.  Once everything was glued onto the die-cut panel, I went back to the background and embossed all the stars, leaving a wee space for the moon.


The sentiment is from another NBUS set by Avery Elle and was used because it fit nicely in the available space!  The whole panel was added to the background with foam tape and then adhered to a white top-fold card base.  The windows and snow on the houses were coated with clear sparkle pen to add a bit of shimmer.

Thanks for visiting!


Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  Winter Village (Lawn Fawn), Merry Mistletoe (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Stitched Hillside Backdrop Portrait (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Copics, Silver Pearl EP (Ranger), Liquid Platinum EP (Ranger), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sweet Stampin'

16 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

Je@net said...

What a beautiful holiday card, Karren. Just love the colouring!

Claire said...

Perfect Christmas card Karren - I'm pretty over the Christmas cards until about November! That LF set is gorgeous...might just have to put it on my wish list. Happy 2018!

SonjaK said...

Aww, I totally can relate to making Christmas cards after Christmas. We just have too many of those cute Christmas sets, don't we? The one you're sharing is especially lovely. I absolutely love this die and stamp set. Sooo cute! Have a very happy new year, Karren.

I Card Everyone said...

It's too hard not to use those newest goodies, isn't it? I'm so tempted, too ... a darling little Winter scene... wish I could say the same about the scene outside my window!!!
=]

Leanne said...

Such a cute card, love the stamps, and those stars are so awesome great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!
Leanne DT/MM

Cheryl W. said...

I love the sweet Christmas scene you created on your card. Your starry background is just awesome!

samantha's cards said...

What a sweet little village.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love your colors and how they give a real "cottage" feel to your card. Beautifully done.

Cara said...

This is such a sweet little scene. I love all the sparkle you've added x

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Karren! Love the sweet little scene you created (I have that set too and have not used it yet...amazing how we HAVE to have stamps and then they sit there!! Good for you for using yours!!) and really LOVE your starry sky too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Loll said...

Such a sweet winter scene that you've created Karren!! Great colouring with your copics! xx

Linda Callahan said...

This s adorable! Such a sweet sweet scene! Your ink work is always amazing!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your snowy scene! Great design!

Chris said...

Lovely design, you've created a wonderful Christmas scene with your fab stamps and dies.
Chris
x

Barb Ghig said...

Love this darling winter scene, Karren! Great idea to use Silver Pearl EP for the stars and tree lights and Liquid Platinum for your sentiment! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, too...Another lovely Christmas card, my friend!!!