Thursday 2 November 2017

Santa's Workshop

Hi and welcome!  I'm here with another wonderful sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team!  This week our hostess is our talented Canadian friend, Jen Brum.


Such a great sketch, is it not?  I decided to create a little scene using some teeny-tiny stamps from the October Hero Arts kit.



Santa and Mrs Claus were so tiny they were hard to color with any level of competence 😃  The mountains were stamped and then masked before sponging on the sky area.  A stitched slope was added in white and the rest of the images were die-cut and added to the panel.  I lightly added some white ink to the trees to give a bit of definition.


Thanks for visiting!  The design team have some gorgeous cards using the sketch so I hope you'll check them out.



Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero Oct 17 (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark, Black Licorice Hybrid, Salty Ocean Distress Oxide, Unicorn White
Cardstock:  Hot Fudge, Chili Powder, Elf Green (MFT), Desert Storm, X-Press It
Dies:  MMH (Hero Arts), Stitched Rectangle Stax, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Basic Stitch Lines (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable! That set is so cute but so scary.....I am overwhelmed by it! But I did use a sentiment from it on today's card....lol! You created a sweet wintry scene!

I Card Everyone said...

I have such a hard time coloring with tiny little images like these... I see it doesn't worry you one bit! Karren this is so sweet!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I love your teeny-tiny Santa and Mrs. Claus, Karren...they're so cute and they work perfectly for the sketch! You are the 'Queen' of Copic coloring in my book, so all the images look fabulous and I love the font on your sentiment! I'm going to try to play along this week...thanks for your inspiration :)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! This just makes me smile - as I'm sure the recipient will do as well. So heartwarming and cute!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a fun scene, and a great way to use the sketch! I miss your blog posts all too often, Karren! I just scrolled down to gaze at your many gorgeous projects!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just seriously amazing! Honestly, your background and colouring and details amaze me! I love it! So sweet! You are just too talented my friend!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic North Pole scene! Santa and Mrs. Claus may be tiny but they look fabulous!

Marina said...

This made me smile. I love the way you've used that circular sentiment panel.

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Karren The card is marvelous, the idea and execution is perfect. I love to see you sometime if time permits. I am surekha Galagoda from Sri Lanka and at the moment in Christchurch. if you have some time pls let me know and I will visit you. Just getting to know a crafter with experience is a pleasure.
stay blessed

Amy O said...

This is such a cute scene with so many fun things to study and enjoy. And of course, you've colored it beautifully.

Jen Timko said...

Mr. and Mrs. Claus are just too cute for words! Such a fun, fun card!