Saturday 9 September 2017

Black Tutu

Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be guesting over at Inkspirational for their photo inspiration challenge and check out the gorgeous photo:


Is this not beautiful?  So many elements to choose from!  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to focus on the black silhousetted dancer and the sepia music background.



I used the April 2017 Hero Arts kit for the tutu and colored it with a dark gray Copic marker before adding some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.  Once I'd die-cut the images, I set them aside and worked on my background.  The music background was white embossed onto some Bristol Smooth cardstock and then I sponged on some Brown Sugar pigment ink.  The panel was cut with a stitched die and then layered onto a black scalloped panel using foam tape.



I arranged the tutus down the left hand side and then added a stacked sentiment die.  The whole thing was then adhered to a white top-folding card base.

I'd like to thank the team at Inkspirational for inviting me to join them.  Be sure to head on over and check out their fabulous cards.



Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero April 2017 (Hero Arts), Sheet Music Background (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Black Soot Archival, Brown Sugar (Mama Elephant)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  MMH (Hero Arts), Inside Out Stitched Rectangles (MFT), Scalloped Dies (Neat & Tangled), Fancy Words (Reverse Confetti)
Accessories:  White EP, Copic (C9), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Marina said...

This is such a pretty and timeless interpretation of the photo! I absolutely love the perfection of your music background behind the crisp stacked diecuts. How clever to place that row of tutus like that. Thank you for being a fabulous Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

Jen W. said...

This is so gorgeous, Karren! I love every element! Those tutus are adorable and that inked background is so perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful trio of tutus! LOve them in black... kinda Black Swan-ish, right?
Gorgeous card, Karren... I've never seen that tutu die!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved GD spot! Your tutus are so sweet, Karren! I love your subtle musical notes in the background and the font on your sentiment is just beautiful!

Shauna said...

What a fantastic card! I love how you created the musical background and the die cut dresses... so cute! Congrats on the DT position. Great having you design with us!
- Shauna

cm said...

A gorgeous translation of the inspiration image; your tutus are stunning, especially paired with the lovely sheet music background! WOW! Thrilled that you are our GD for this challenge; thank you for designing a most inspired AND inspiring card!
~carol

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love those little dresses x

sandie said...

Hi Karren, sorry it has taken me so long to comment but I have been away. I am blown away by how amazing this card is. The background detail is so subtle and really adds a lovely warmth to the card and what gorgeous dresses...can I have one!! And, by the way, I love your watermark x