Tuesday 10 January 2017

Blended Sunshine

Hi and welcome!  I made the card I'm showing today on the weekend and just now getting around to blogging about it.  I used the sketch from MFT and some fun ink-blending inspired by Nichol Spohr.




These distress colors look gorgeous together and I filled a whole panel with them.  Once I was finished, I splattered some water on.  When that was dry, I took a stencil and stenciled over the top using the same distress colors, before die-cutting it with a stitched edge die.


The girl was stamped and colored and I used my craft knife to cut under her feet so she could "stand" on the white-embossed sentiment.  Her clothing and the frangipani are liberally colored with clear sparkle pen.


Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stamps:  Polynesian Paradise (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, black, watercolor
Dies:  Blueprints 15, Polynesian Paradise, Stitched Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, white EP, Scribble Script stencil (Donna Downey), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Nonni said...

Your background is stunning, it's pure sunlight! :) Such a cute card!

SonjaK said...

Awesome ink blending, Karren! I love these warm colors.

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely love this gorgeous background! Great color combo!

Petra Swart said...

Wonderful sponging with your DI's to created a stunning bg, Karren!!!! She is so sweet and have me dreaming of sipping cocktails on a tropical beach!!!! As always your colouring is just great!!!! Lovely summer card!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh she is just the cutest! Perfectly coloured too!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that background is fabulous! I just have visions of you like a mad scientist.....sponging, splattering, stenciling......ink everywhere.....but oh so beautiful results!

Karen Davis said...

She is lovely! So perfect with that sentiment and the gorgeous background. Love the addition of the wee frangipani too.

Cécile RIBON said...

You did a stunning job with your inks! This background is absolutely gorgeous. Love this cute little girl too;

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful background, and I love this sweet little Polynesian girl! Such a fabulous take on the sketch, Karren...Love this card! Off to check out this technique...thanks for the link :)