Saturday 12 March 2016

Grid Roses

Hi!  This is my second card today and I'm joining in with a few challenges:  The Card Concept, The Challenge and Muse Card Club.



I'm calling my card Clean & Graphic and was mainly drawn to the patterns and greens in the challenge graphic.  The ways Michele's beautiful Muse card influenced me are:

  • colors
  • scribble flowers
  • camouflaged die cut
  • thanks theme
I started by masking off the right and bottom of a white card base.  I then sponged Scattered Straw and Twisted Citron inks onto the card base.  After that was done, I took the Large Grid Stencil and laid that over the sponged area before sponging again with those same two colors.  This gives a subtle tone-on-tone pattern.  After removing the stencil, I spritzed the panel with a Perfect Pearls and water mist before removing the masking tape.

The flowers were cut from white fun foam and then sponged with the two distress inks.  For the sentiment, I die-cut the sentiment four times - three from white cardstock and one from the card base.  I then carefully stacked them back up again onto the card base.


Thanks for visiting!



http://icardeveryone.blogspot.com/2016/03/muse-card-club-challenge-156.html

Products used:

Ink:  Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Thanks (SugarPea Designs), Single Roses (SSS)
Accessories:  Large Grid Stencil (MFT), Perfect Pearls, Fun Foam

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, love your layout and colours. I have been sitting pondering doing the Muse card and keep seeing all these wonderful inspirational cards. Wonderful

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful--perfect for Muse!

I Card Everyone said...

Graphically GORGEOUS!! LOve the citrus-y colors and how you've raised your scribbled roses as you did the sentiment, Karren ... a beautiful way to say thank you!!
=]

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty! Those swirls look great on that geometric background!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh how fun Karren

Anita in France said...

Such a cool background, Karren ... the swirly blooms are such a great contrast to the grid ... and that colour palette is deliciously zesty ... yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge! Anita :)

Anita said...

This is so pretty and I love the bright colors you used. thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week.

Nance said...

Beautiful card! Love the technique you used on the background and sponging the foam scribbles! Thanks for playing with us at The Challenge this week!

Rosemary said...

what a cool card... love the fun background you created!!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the colors together and how you did the sentiment!!
Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept!

Kerin said...

I love the way you've blended the colors and the texture! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful soft inking on the grid:) Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!