Thursday 17 March 2016

Bluebell Birthday

Hi!  Today's card was made for my workmate who is turning 21 in a week!  21!  I can hardly remember that far back :)

Anyway, I was going to make a number card, but I couldn't get it to work out, so I turned to some challenges for inspiration.  I used the shaker card theme at Just Us Girls, the stars theme at Simon Says Stamp and the photo inspiration at Inspired by all the Little Things to come up with this card.


I die-cut a circle in a panel of white cardstock and adhered a sheet of acetate over the back.  I then laid foam tape all around the back before dropping in a whole lot of sequins.  I closed the back with a sheet of patterned paper with a wide kraft stripe.  I wanted to use tulips as the flowers, but I don't have a single tulip stamp!  Something that needs rectifying :)  The flowers were colored with Copics and die-cut.

Finally I finished with the star garland.  Both the garlands and the flowers were liberally painted with clear Wink of Stella, so it has a lovely shimmer in real life.


Thanks for visiting.



Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  From All of Us (Clearly Besotted), KIS Birthday (PTI)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT)
Cardstock:  White, Acetate, X-Press It, Lemon Tart, Thick & Thin Patterned Paper (MFT)
Dies:  From All of Us (Clearly Besotted), Wonky Stitched Circles (MFT), Star Garland (Reverse Confetti)
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Nancy said...

21....seems so long ago indeed! She is going to love your card Karren! I Love the background and your star banner too! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card... Love the Flower... Stunning card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Lesley said...

Oh this is lovely, Karren!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE THIS! Your bg stripes and pretty flowers-- gorgeous shaker too! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, really like that finishing touch of the star strings across the top. Wonderful colouring.

Jeanne J. said...

I love all the sparkles - a shaker just makes me giddy - and your flowers are so beautifully colored and shaded!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love those gorgeous flowers and the subtle stripe inside the shaker. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Barbara said...

Lovely card, so beautiful! I adore the shaker card with the sequins! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Patrice said...

Ahhhhh 21, so long ago.... A gorgeous card, and I'm sure your work colleague absolutely loved it. A shaker and sequins just has that extra wow. xx

SonjaK said...

Another pretty card of yours! I really love your violet shades. I always have trouble using the Copic Vs or BVs.