Saturday 12 September 2015

Daisy Vase

It's great to see some of my favorite challenges back after a summer break, so I really wanted to play along.  I started out using the daisies theme from Card Concept and the sketch at The Challenge to come up with a Clean and Layered card.

Howewer, this card fought me every step of the way and took an inordinate amount of time.  I'm not happy with the end result, but due to the effort and time that went into it, I feel I have to post it :)



I colored some white embossing paste with Audrey Blue ink and used the Diagonal Stripes stencil from MFT down the left hand side of a white card base.  The vase of daisies was stamped onto some X-Press It cardstock and colored with Copics.  The sentiment comes from the Bold Blooms set.  I then cut the panel shorter, fussy-cutting around the top daisy.  I mounted that onto a panel of Audrey Blue that ends where the stenciling starts and adhered some sequins.

For such a simple card, this took probably two hours!  That's two hours I'll never get back :)




Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Daisy Vase (Artee Stamps), Bold Blooms (Essentials by Ellen)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Audrey Blue
Cardstock:  White, Audrey Blue, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, sequins, Embossing Paste, Diagonal Stripes Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at The Challenge.


10 comments:

laurie said...

LOVE this card! I like how you placed your sequins and that sentiment is so perfect with your daisy vase!

Debbie said...

I know the feeling of laboring over a card for long periods of time but you've created a lovely card. The stripes, the fussy cutting, the layering and sequins. All very pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept Challenge and I look forward to seeing more of your card creations!

Tenia Nelson said...

So cute!!

Cathy said...

Your card looks well worth the effort Karren, love how you've fussy cut around the flower panel, Cathy x

Patrice said...

Definitely worth the effort, Karren. Love the stripes and your fussy cutting, the sequins....it's a really pretty card. xxx

Lesley said...

Perfect! As always! Love this fresh and lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, I think this is lovely! The embossing paste looks amazing and I love the color! Such a happy card! So glad you joined us at The Challenge! XX

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow, so FRESH and crisp!! Love the theme, the colors, everything!! Thanks for joining us at "The Challenge" on Lesley Croghan's blog 'Always Playing with Paper' !!!!

sandie said...

I think it was well worth posting. The mix of stencil and paste in such a pretty and fresh colour looks stunning.,I am so pleased you shared wit us at The Card Concrpt s

Claire said...

Your post made me laugh Karren...all those hours I won't get back from making rubbish cards! This is lovely though...I think you are being far too critical of your artwork! Those daisies are such a lovely, simple image and I love the matching aqua stripes!