Sunday 1 February 2015

Twue Love...

Hi and welcome to my Paper Players post for this week.  Claire is challenging us to make a Valentine card to or from our furry friends.




For my card, I decided to try the camouflage die-cut technique as shown by Laura Bassen.


But first I have a confession to make.  I originally made this card for Jaydee's sketch challenge last week (look familiar?).  Then when I saw Claire's theme challenge, I decided to use this card for that challenge instead and whipped up last week's card in about 10 minutes!

To make this card, firstly I masked off a section of white card and sponged Sea Glass, Maliblue and Audrey Blue in an ombre fashion from left to right.  I then die cut the word "love" from Wet Paint dies - once from the sponged panel and four times from scrap white cardstock.  I stacked them all up and put them back into the hole.

The bunnies were colored with Copics then die-cut and popped up on foam tape.  I finished off the card with a few sequins.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's cards - they're amazing!

Products used:

Stamps:  Honey Bunny (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Audrey Blue, Maliblue, Sea Glass (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Audrey Blue, white
Accessories:  Honey Bunny die (Mama Elephant), Wet Paint die (PTI), Sequins

Cheers
Karren


11 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karren
What a sweet card.... Love the image.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ooo Karren those bunnies are SO cute! I love the blue ombre and the stepped die cut; I've seen a few examples of this lately, so need to have a go!

laurie said...

Twue-ly adorable! That camouflage technique looks fun, I will have to give it a try.Sure looks awesome on your card!

None None said...

Super cool - I love this card and even more so after I read how you created the inlaid diecut sentiment. Thanks for explaining how you achieved it!

stampwithsandy said...

Aww, this card is so sweet, Karren! I love those adorable stitched bunnies. Thanks for sharing the technique you used for the die cut sentiment. I'm going to give that a try for sure.

Bonnie said...

Awh! This is so sweet!

Mui Hoang said...

Love the "LOVE!!!" - such a cool idea!!! and the bunny, OMG SOOOOO cute!!!!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very sweet card! I love the bunnies and your sentiment is great!

Scrappy Géri said...

That is So adorable!!! Love those bunnies!!!!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Karren! Nothing is cuter than a "bunny butt"...unless it is TWO "bunny butts"! A perfect CAS creation!

Jaydee said...

Karren, I love those little bunnies with their cross tails! Great use of the technique with the bi-colored "love". The sequins are the perfect finishing touch.
hugs
jaydee