Tuesday 16 December 2014

Cocoa Time

Hi and welcome to Merry Monday.  This week, it's my turn to host the challenge and I've gone for an easy theme, given that Christmas is only 10 days away!  My challenge is to create a winter-themed Christmas card.  Easy, right?


For my card, I decided to create a little scene using some Purple Onion stamps from the Stacey Yacula collection.  



I stamped three separate images onto some X-pressit cardstock and colored them with Copics.  For the record, my little cabin is sinking into the snow on purpose (actually, I didn't realise I'd stamped it crooked until I was coloring it at the very end).

The sentiment comes from PTI's Two Feet Deep set and suited this little scene perfectly.  I kept the layout really simple and just layered the panel onto a 5 1/4" square Early Espresso cardbase.



Thanks for visiting.  The design team have done a great job with my challenge and I hope that you can squeeze in a few minutes to make a card to link up to the gallery.



Products used:

Stamps:  Snow Cabin, Louis, Cocoa Stand (Purple Onion), Two Feet Deep (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  X-pressit, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren


15 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is just the sweetest scene, Karren! LOVE it! Have a great week! xx

Marika said...

Love it, Karren! Maybe I just need to find some time to make one more Christmas card...

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so adorable Karren, this is just the cutest wintry scene. Wonderful challenge this week :)

Katie Melhus said...

Karren this could not be more precious and your coloring is divine, I love it! Have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable!

Leslie Miller said...

Darling card! I always mean to play in this challenge, but never get to it, even though I've been making plenty of Christmas cards. Maybe when I retire... This little snowy scene is so cute!

Bonnie said...

This is so adorable, Karren! You have done an awesome job of coloring! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you outdid yourself on this girl! Fabulous coloring - and oh so adorable!

Lori Turner said...

So stinkin' cute, Karren!!! Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best to you and yours in 2015!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh so CUTE!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great coloring Karren and so cute! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, just love this sweet image and your gorgeous coloring!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Cindy H. said...

OMGosh this is just fabulous! Gorgeous coloring!

Marybeth said...

Karren I love this card and the PO stamps you used! Darling and. Weautiful coloring. Merry Christmas!

Marybeth said...

And with......