Sunday 22 June 2014

Wish Big

It's Sunday night here and I haven't had a lot of time to stamp this weekend.  I did manage to squeeze in half an hour earlier this evening to make a quick card using the sketch at Pals Paper Arts and the colors at Colour Me.



I chose to use a stencil cut with my Silhouette for the horizontal panel.  I masked the top and bottom of the card base with some torn paper then sponged Pink Pirouette ink over the stencil.  The banner was cut using the banner framelits then stamped with a very, very juicy Strawberry Slush inkpad.  The banner was layered onto a piece of Strawberry Slush cardstock and trimmed very close.

Finally, I cut two stars in Pool Party and Strawberry Slush from the Lil Inkers Stitched Stars dies.  I placed a candy dot in each and mounted them using Dimensionals.




Thanks for checking out my very CAS card.




Products used:

Stamps:  Word Play
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Pool Party
Accessories:  Lil Inkers Stitched Stars die, Subtles Candy Dots, Banner Framelits, Stencil cut from Silhouette Cameo

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Susan Itell said...

GREAT idea of stenciling for the sketch! This is totally a clean and simple card - thanks for playing!

Patrice said...

Love the stenciling Karren, great card.

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a great design, Karren! I love the way that you used the stenciling for the horizontal strip and your color choices are awesome, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Oooooo I love the stenciling! Sweet card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Sheesh, I really need to use my Silhouette more! The stencil is fantastic!

Dawn Tidd said...

Really cool card, Karren! I love the stenciling and the stars are awesome! Great way to combine these two challenges and so glad you joined us the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Unknown said...

LOVE those stars :) FABulous combo of challenges! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

Greta said...

Love the look of this card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just stunning!

Katie Melhus said...

This card totally jumped out of the gallery at me - I should have known it was my friend Karren! Needless to say, I love it! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me...!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card... great take on both challenges... thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

Bonnie said...

Quick and cute! My favorite kind of card!

AB. said...

Love it! Perfect CAS and the stencilling looks amazing - love those stars too! :)