Sunday 15 June 2014

Color Blocked

As soon as I saw the sketch at Retro Sketches, I immediately thought of color blocking.  I love color-blocked cards but I have to confess it took me quite a while to choose the colors!  I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous new Lost Lagoon and Basic Black, and I ended up combining those with Riding Hood Red, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi.  It's a bold color combo for me, but I quite like it.



This is just a fun card and it uses six stamp sets.  Each of the panels was cut into 1 1/4" strips then stamped with various stamps.  All of the panels were stamped first with Off the Grid to give some continuity to the pieces.  Once I had all the stamping done, I cut the pieces to size and over-stamped with the Binding Edge stamp from Stampers Anonymous.  It wasn't until after I'd stuck all the pieces to the card base that I remembered I wanted to sponge around the edges - doh!




Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Off the Grid, Grunge Rock, Background Builders (SU), Wall to Wall Textures (Bo Bunny), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches), Binding Edge (Stampers Anonymous)
Ink:  Lost Lagoon, Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:   Lost Lagoon, Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Basic Black
Accessories:  MME Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Rita W said...

Ummm....wow! Brave of you to even attempt this one, but you totally rocked it! I love this!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you are good! This is amazing. And the little stitchy stamp is fabulous!

Christine Blain said...

Karren, this is AWESOME, my friend!! Those colours look SO good together - bold choices, but they work. Love, love, love the stamp that looks like stitching; very cool.

AB. said...

Very funky card! I love what you did with the stamping and piecing of cardstock. :)