Tuesday 8 October 2013

Black and White Christmas

Use a bird on your Christmas card is this week's challenge at Merry Monday.



I pulled out Gifts of Christmas set which has an elegant dove.  I silver embossed the main image on both Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock.  I cut out the dove from the Whisper White and spritzed it with Platinum Frost Shimmer Mist.  It's really shimmery IRL, trust me!


I'm not enamoured of the layout, but it was already stuck down when I decided I didn't like it, so it stays :)

I don't have any silver ribbon so I compromised and used white narrow grosgrain and some silver cord.

Thanks for looking.  Check out the rest of the DT cards and hunt through your stash for a bird stamp to make your own challenge card.  Notice how Loll used the same image but in a completely different way?

Products used:

Stamps:  Gifts of Christmas
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Whisper White
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Silver EP; white grosgrain ribbon; silver cord; dimensionals

Cheers
Karren



11 comments:

Lesley said...

What a pretty card, Karren. Love the image and the colours you have used. Elegant and so beautiful!!!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Karren! Love how you did your bird and the embossing! I bet it's very shimmery! Terrific card! :)

Bonnie said...

I love the 2 colors of embossing against the black background! Very striking and classy!

JoAnn said...

I think it looks very elegant. Love the white embossing on the black.

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so elegant Karren, I love the black and white it is very eye catching.

Loll said...

Hi Karren. Great minds think alike!! :) LOVE your black and white version ... this is such an elegant stamp and perfect for your elegant color combination. LOVE the white ribbon and silver cording - perfect! Loll xx

Karen Davis said...

I really agree with the 'elegant' everyone has used to describe your card.
The embossing and the white bird look so good on the black background.

LeAnne said...

Very striking card...I am impressed with the variety of birds the DT found to use and they're all lovely! Very elegant indeed!

Benzi said...

So elegant and beautiful with all the wonderful embossing. Black was a great choice.

stampwithsandy said...

Karren, I wouldn't have thought to do a holiday card in black and white, but this is just lovely! The silver makes it so elegant.

Marybeth said...

Karren , love your card and the dove i so elegant! The black and white are very pretty too.. gives it the elegant touch.