Sunday 1 September 2013

Chevron Father's Day

This card fought me the whole way as I was making it!  It was just one of those days and it finished in spectacular manner when Dexter the Dog managed to entice the sentiment stamp off my desk and into his mouth.  I heard a crunching sound and when I investigated the wood block was full of teeth marks and the "F" from "Father's" on the rubber side was gone! So that's that, then.  Until "Ather's Day" becomes an official holiday, my stamp is in retirement :)  I'm only grateful it was a single stamp and not part of a set.

Anyway, enough chatter.  Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


I realised on Friday that Father's Day is this Sunday in New Zealand and while I'd made a card for my dad months ago, I hadn't made one for DH.  So this was a bit of a rush job.

I used Modern Medley DSP and the new chevron punch.  As I mentioned above the sentiment stamp is a singleton that I've had for some years.  I didn't follow the sketch exactly but I hope it's similar enough to pass muster.


Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Inky Antics
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Modern Medley DSP; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Chevron Border Punch; Neutrals Button; Linen Thread

Cheers
Karren

1 comment:

Linda Suarez said...

Sorry you lost your stamp! Luckily my dog doesn't seem to be interested in my stamps. I love the black and white - a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!