Monday 3 June 2013

Fabulous Day

Well, it's not such a fabulous day where I am - it's raining!  But I suppose as we're now officially into winter, I shouldn't complain.

This card uses the fabulous sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch.  



I pulled out my distress inks for this card - just to mix things up a bit!  The sentiment is stamped directly onto the card base.  I then cut two panels and ran them through the Needlepoint EF and adhered them onto the card base using dimensionals.  This leaves the sentiment in negative space.  I quite like this effect.  

The banners are stamped and cut using Hearts a Flutter stamps and framelits.  They were also run through the EF so the edge matches the white edge.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Hearts a Flutter; Itty Bitty Bits; Signature Greetings (PTI)
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Shabby Shutters; Rusty Hinge; Scattered Straw (Ranger)
Accessories:  Hearts a Flutter Framelits; Itty Bitty Punch; Basic Pearl; Needlepoint EF.

Cheers
Karren

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Karren, I LOVE how you've embossed the tops of the flags, to match up with the embossed edge of the card - fabulous. I agree - the stamped image in the negative space looks great. Nice job! xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the CAS style Karren and the embossing framed sentiment is such a lovely idea. xxx