Thursday 7 September 2017

Doggy Love

The Freshly Made Sketches team is back with another fabulous sketch - this time from my hilarious and super-talented Australian friend Narelle.  Narelle has a super fun and versatile sketch for us.

I moved my panel down the card front a bit but pretty much stuck to the sketch.



This adorable image comes from You Have My Heart by MFT and I picked it up in their recent retirement sale, so it's NBUS.  I stamped and colored the girl and her dog and paper-pieced her dress.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some gray Copic shading on her dress.  After I'd die-cut the image I decided to mount it onto a circle die-cut, so in hindsight I probably should have just stamped it onto the circle in the first place 😄  I extended the grass and added some clouds with Tumbled Glass ink and the Mini Cloud stencil.



The horizontal panel was created using the same patterned paper with a black border top and bottom.  I also white-embossed the sentiment onto a black panel and die-cut with a Blueprints die.  As a finishing touch, I added the bone to show that the wee dog is more focussed on his mistress than his bone (unlike our dog, who lives for food!)


Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have some gorgeous inspiration using the sketch, so I hope you pop over and check them out.

I'm entering this card into the AAA Cards Challenge, where they are looking for creatures, great or small.


Products used:

Stamps:  You Have My Heart (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black, Perfectly Plaid (Lawn Fawn)
Dies:  You Have My Heart, Blueprints 24, Double Stitched Circle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Mini Cloud Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the little plaid dress you've made for this darling little girl... I did notice the shading, and it's made it even better!
Fabulous...
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute take on the sketch, Karren! The plaid papers are so pretty and of course, your Copic coloring brings these images to life beautifully! Love this sweet card!

Linda Callahan said...

Awwww this is as sweet as can be! Adorable card....love the plaid and your always spot on coloring!

Amy O said...

This is like a little work of art -- from the sweet, subtle clouds to your gorgeous coloring. Love the paper-pieced dress as well. Just beautiful, Karren!

Jane said...

And your card has my heart! Super use of the copics, especially on the hair. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cara said...

This is totally adorable !

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren, this card is so adorable! I just love that image. Your colouring is amazing - as always! Love that patterned paper as well! So sweet!

Melissa L. said...

So fun and sweet, Karren. I love the plaid. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards.

Cheryl said...

Sweet card! Love how you did the paper piecing around the little girl's hair. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card just makes me smile! She is just the sweetest and I love how you've carried over the DSP to her sweet little dress - I'm loving everything about this card!

Sherry Espinoza said...

Loved your design, that is one of my all time favorite paper packs.

Rita W said...

Love every detail of this one, Karren. That image is so sweet. You're making me regret not getting it! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

This is the sweetest thing! You have captured the relationship of a pooch and his human perfectly. :)