Friday 7 July 2017

Mermaid Kisses

Hi and welcome!  I'm back with another Fusion challenge and this time we're going with a summery theme, even though it's the depths of winter here 😄


For my card, I used a My Monthly Hero Kit from May, that was still NBUS!  I stamped several images onto X-Press It cardstock and colored them with Copics before die-cutting them.  Once they were all die-cut, I decided how I wanted them placed and then made a sea background for them using Distress Oxide inks.




I adhered all the images to the blended panel, popping up the mermaid and starfish on foam tape.  I backed that panel with some timber patterned paper offset at an angle and put it to one side while I worked on the rest of the card.

I created another Distress Oxide panel for the vertical strip and stamped the sentiment near the bottom.  On either side I adhered a thin sliver of the patterned paper and finally I added the image panel.







Thanks for visiting!  Head on over and check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the design team!

I'm linking this card up to the current challenge at The Heart Desires where I've used the nautical theme and tried to stick with the challenge colors.


Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero May 2017 (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Broken China DO, Faded Jeans DO
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth, Wood & Notebook Basics (Simple Stories)
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Rectangles (MFT), MMH
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Another great Hero Arts kit! I may have to subscribe! This is beautiful!

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love your distress oxide background x

tonyamaries said...

This is so pretty! That background is great! Please join us again at THD!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh she is beautiful! I totally love the scene you've created!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful blending with your Oxide inks, Karren...Love your color palette, too! Such a lovely take on the challenge...your mermaid is really pretty!

SugarGem said...

Your background is so pretty and your Mermaid is mermazing! Thank you for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge

~amy~ said...

Such a beautiful card, way to rock the Hero Arts MMH kit!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!