Wednesday 28 September 2016

Flamingo

Hi and welcome!  This is my last card as September Guestie over at Color Throwdown and can I say it's been a fun month challenging myself!  I'll 'fess up here and say that I find color challenges the hardest and if I'm just playing along in a color challenge, I'll walk away if I don't like the colors.  So agreeing to be guest designer before seeing the color swatches made me a tad nervous!  Luckily it all worked out fine and I should have known it would because Color Throwdown have some of the best color schemes of all color challenges.  And to prove my point, check this out:


Is this not gorgeous?  I was very tempted to go with a floral card, but decided the pinks cried out for me to use my NBUS Flamingo Together set.



I just love these flamingoes and as my collection was lacking flamingoes of any kind, I decided to buy these a few months ago and this is their first outing.  I sponged Broken China and Antique Linen inks onto a white panel then flicked some water over it before cutting it out with a pierced rectangle die.  The flamingoes were colored with Copics and the palm trees stamped with green and brown inks before being die-cut.

Finally I embossed the word "flamin-go" in Melon Mambo embossing powder and stamped the rest of the sentiment around it in black ink.





Thanks for visiting.  The Color Throwdown DT have some gorgeous inspiration for you so be sure to check them out.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy

Products used:

Stamps:  Flamingo Together (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Broken China, Antique Linen Distress Inks, Dark Chocolate, Green Apple (SSS), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Flamingo Together (LF), Blueprints 29 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Melon Mambo EP

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

LOL, love the humor and coloring is beautiful!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that fun sentiment! What a great way to highlight the colors! So glad to have you guesting with us this month and hope to see you in the gallery many more times!

Broni said...

This is just adorable, Karren! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, your Flamingo's are gorgeous, Karren! Could you please teach me how to color with Copics? :)
You've done a beautiful job with this color combo, and I really love how you stamped the sentiment! Awesome card!!!