Saturday 30 July 2016

Birthday Bears

Hi!  It's Saturday morning here and I have a card that I finished last night to show you.  I got the Beary Special Birthday set and dies on Thursday and on Thursday night I just had to color one of the images - they are so cute!  Then on Friday night, I made that image into a card using the current sketch at MFT and the colors from Color Throwdown.  I'm also linking up to Seize the Birthday.


This card just makes me smile!  I love the background and I love that little bear.  To make the background, I sponged Melon and Duckling inks onto a panel of Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  Then I dropped some Perfect Pearls shimmer mist onto the panel.  Finally, I took the Scribble Script stencil and sponged over the top using those same two ink colors.  I just love that stencil - in fact, it's probably my favorite.  The script is undefined enough to be text when you want it to be text and to just be a pattern when you just want a bit of interest in the background, like I've done here.



For the rest of the card, I die-cut a white pierced rectangle frame, cutting off the bottom.  I also white-embossed a sentiment onto black, both of which are popped up on foam tape, as is the bear.  I couldn't decide what to put in the top right corner as per the sketch, but finally decided on two layers of Party Banner dies, the bottom layer sponged in Rosie Cheeks ink and the top frame layer sponged in Duckling.



Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Beary Special Birthday (MFT), Shenanigans (CASual Fridays)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Duckling, Melon, Rosie Cheeks (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, black, watercolor, X-Press It
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Frames (MFT), Beary Special Birthday (MFT), Party Banner Duo (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Scribble Script stencil (Donna Downey), White EP, Copics, Perfect Pearls

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Seize the Birthday.

14 comments:

Rosemary said...

totally adorable card, karren!! love how you colored up the little bear!!

Nancy said...

The card makes me smile too! Super, super cute! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday Karren!

Viv said...

Great card here Karen,love that present with that cute bear peeking out and the bright colour combo ☺ Viv xx

Susanne Vargas said...

That little bear peaking out of the present is totally adorable and you colored it so perfectly! Love this card!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fabulous card! I'm going to have to check out that stencil...makes an awesome background! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

I Card Everyone said...

Just so darned sweet, Karren! LOve the paper you created!!
=]

Petra Swart said...

Oh, that is just such an adorable little bear, Karren!!!! Love the great bg paper you created and the fun little banner!!!!! So cute!!!!
Have a great week!!!
Hugz

Greta said...

Super cute, Karren! I really love how you colored the present & the banner was a great idea!

Vicki Dutcher said...

AKKK! So cute! Thanks for joining in at STB

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous background, and I love how you colored the present and bear! Such a darling card, Karren!

Broni said...

Love this, Karren! The background and the coloring are great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!! Love that sweet bear!m great use of all the challenges!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Karen Davis said...

Karren your card is completely divine!! Just so sweet and perfectly designed. I love how you have used the challenge colours. I am sure making this card was a wonderful respite after busy days at work:-)

Lisa Lara said...

Oh soooooooooo cute Karren. Striking background and love how you colored this cutie.