Friday 10 June 2016

Purplicious

It's Friday evening here and I spent some time in my craft room tonight making this card for a few challenges:


I colored up Blanche using the colors from Color Throwdown and to meet the Aging with Attitude challenge at Art Impressions.  I also used the sketch from Retro Sketches and the Summer Fun theme at Cardz 4 Galz.

I used a white card base and on top of that a white panel die-cut with Wonky Stitched Rectangles.  I also cut a Wonky Stitched Rectangle from Raspberry Fizz cardstock and a Wonky Circle from Royal Velvet.  For the crossed over lines, I cut thin strips of Melon Berry cardstock and die-cut them with a die from the Basic Stitch Lines set.

I finished the card with some sequins and a fun sentiment, also from Art Impressions.



Thanks for visiting!



Our blog badge


Products used:

Stamps:  Blanche, sentiment (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry (PTI)
Dies:  Wonky Stitched Circles and Rectangles (MFT), Basic Stitch Lines (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, sequins

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve that Blanche!!! She IS so purpliscious, and a total babe! Hope you have the perfect friend to send this one to, Karren - it sure does make me smile!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is simply fabulous, I love Blanche in her snazzy purple costume! Jo x

Joyce said...

OH, I am cracking up. This is wonderful.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great mix of challenges! That gal looks like a tough old bird. For a minute I thought one of the things she was holding was a tool bag and I thought "You go girl! What a way to mix business with pleasure!" Your coloring, as always, is fabulous and now I'm pretty sure I need those wonky circles. :|

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, I had to LOL at this cutie, Karren!!!! Oh, I love your Blanche babe and you have coloured her sooooooo perfectly using the CTD colours!!!! This is just one great fun card and so super to give to a special friend!!!! (I keep on going back to have another look!!!!)
Have a great Sunday!!!!

Julie B said...

What a great image, perfect use of the sketch and colour challenge and perfect for our challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
So pleased you linked up. :0)

Karen Davis said...

Such a giggle Karren. Beautifully designed and coloured. Just gorgeous.

Amy Rohl said...

LOL, I just love her! And I love how you've used the CTD to make her pop! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

Lori said...

This is just too fun! Love how you colored the image. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Cazro said...

A wonderful fun card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz Caz DT