Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas Wreath

Hi and welcome to a new sketch at SugarPea Designs Challenge!  This week, we have a classic sketch which allows for such a lot of creativity.


For my card, I went with a Christmas card in turquoise, lime and silver, using the set Funky Wreath - Christmas and Have an Ice Day for the sentiment.


I started with a white card base and onto that I layered another white panel with rounded corners.  Some Audrey Blue cardstock at the top and a silver foil scalloped piece formed the bones of my card.  To pretty it up, I got to stamping :)  I used the beautiful Funky Wreath Christmas set and after die-cutting the frame, I stamped one of the images several times in Audrey Blue, Green Apple and silver inks, shifting the stamp slightly each time.

I then stamped the bow in silver ink and white embossed the sentiment onto the banner from the Gift Tag Die set.


Here's a close up of the beautiful images in the wreath set.

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team as they have made some wonderful cards with this sketch.


Karren Johnson - you are here!

Products used:

Stamps:  Funky Wreath - Christmas, Have an Ice Day
Ink:  Versamark, Green Apple, Audrey Blue (SSS), Silver (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Audrey Blue, Silver Foil
Dies:  Funky Wreath - Christmas, Gift Tag, Scallop (SU)
Accessories:  Silver ribbon, Corner Rounder

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Love the modern colours and design my friend! xo

Linda Callahan said...

Very hip!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So pretty! Love the silver and turquoise!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SO pretty! LOVE those colours together!!

Deanne :)