Sunday 10 May 2015

The Elephant Returns

It's time for another challenge from The Paper Players and this week it's LeAnne's turn.  She has given us a color challenge.  Check it out:


When I first saw Pistachio Pudding in the lineup, I gulped.  I really, really don't like that color.  As you can see from my card, I used it very sparingly!


I decided to pull out the adorable Unforgettable set again and color another elephant.  This one didn't get any pink inside his ears because pink isn't a challenge color :)  

On the card base I masked off a section using torn copy paper.  I then mixed up some embossing paste with some Mint ink and used my Tiny Dots stencil to create one of the two "banners" on the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.

The elephant was colored with Copics and his hat was stamped using Mint ink from Simon Says Stamp, because my Pistachio Pudding ink and cardstock has been put into a very deep, dark corner so I don't have to look at it :)

I white embossed the sentiment onto some Lost Lagoon cardstock and rounded one corner.  That and the elephant are popped up on foam tape.



Thanks for visiting.  The design team have used these colors in wonderful ways, so be sure to check them out.


Products used:

Stamps:  Unforgettable (WP9)
Ink:  Mint (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, X-Press it
Accessories:  Copics, Unforgettable dies, Tiny Dots Stencil (SSS), embossing paste, white EP

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awww Karren, I just love that itty bitty elephant with his tiny party hat! Such a cute card and I love how the colors pop on the clean design. I love it! Have a great day! :)

SonjaK said...

Such a cute card! The tiny dots in the background are a wonderful detail.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I know, Pistachio is not my favorite color either, but your ellie's little hat is perfect in that shade! And I love the rest of the card as well....very cool background technique! I always love your stuff! Thanks for rocking my challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adorable... Does anyone love that color?? Lol!! You nailed it!!

Unknown said...

Karren, this card is perfect!! Even without Pistachio Pudding! lol, I love the color myself, but I know that feeling when a color just doesn't work for you!! Love, love, love the embossing paste, the coloring, and the one rounded corner on your banner!! Perfect! Oops, I said that already, didn't I? :)

Nance Leedy said...

LOL, I want to like Pistachio Pudding but I find it's just not as bright as I want it to be when stamped. So, I totally hear ya with the color combo but you managed to make it work perfectly. Love ellie's party hat and the texture of the background. Great job with the colors, Karren!

laurie said...

This is so sweet! I love the lil hat!

stampwithsandy said...

So sorry you don't like pistachio Karren, and I laughed out loud when you said you hid it in a dark corner! But that's why it's a challenge, right? Well you braved it and did a great job. That little elephant is so adorable and the I love the embossing in the background.

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is just adorable!!!!! That little elephant with his party hat makes me smile! I love the embossing paste and the sentiment, too! PERFECT! (PP is not a favorite of mine either!)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren that little elephant is such a cutie! I love the way you created your banners too. I chuckled when I read about your dislike for Pistachio Pudding - it is the in-colour I really won't miss either!

Debbie Mageed said...

Cute card! I just got embossing paste and love how it gives your card some wonderful texture. We will have to agree to disagree about Pistachio Pudding - paired with the right colors, it is a great complementing color. But that's why there are so many colors choices, right? My advice is to give that color to someone to enjoy. No reason to keep any craft supplies that you don't enjoy!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute! Love the colors you used, too!

Marika said...

When I saw the colour combo I love it and made a totally different sound as you! I love lime/pistachio a lot but I hardly ever use it for my cards. Anyhow, your card turned out great! My husband's friend is going to US in a few weeks, hopefully that adorable stamp is still available then! :D