Sunday 17 May 2015

Thanks So Much

And it's Paper Players Challenge Day!  This week Jaydee has a very cool challenge theme for us - CAS Girly Thanks.  


For my card, I combined the sketch at Verve with the colors at Just Add Ink to come up with this card.


I ended up not using any Verve stamps on my card but did use a brand new-to-me set from a company I've never bought from before - Stamplorations.  I started my card by sponging some Pear Pizzazz ink onto a white cardbase using the Diagonal Stripes stencil by MFT.    I embossed the "thanks so much" stamps onto a piece of vellum using Pool Party EP then cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  Behind that panel, I second-generation stamped the Tiny Alphabet Background from SSS using Crumb Cake ink. 

I die cut a butterfly with Calypso Coral cardstock and also cut a solid butterfly shape out of vellum.  I dropped some silver thread behind the butterfly and arranged a few enamel dots and my card was done.



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful thank you cards for your viewing pleasure so be sure to check them out.


JAI #262

 Products used:

Stamps:  Sentiment Builders Thanks (Stamplorations), Tiny Alphabet Background (SSS)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Vellum, Calypso Coral, Black
Accessories:  Effera Butterfly Wings, Rhone Butterfly Wings (Memory Box), Pool Party EP, Silver Thread, Enamel Dots, Diagonal Strips Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren


22 comments:

Samra said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!!! I especially like the green stripes, so mesmerizing!!!

laurie said...

Love the sponged background! What a pretty card, so soft and I love all that white space.

Have a great day!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, I really like the stenciled background here! Love the soft and faded look on the sponging--I'm seeing this everywhere and MUST give it a go! Great idea to let all the white space show off the great mix of colors!

Claire Broadwater said...

Fabulous card! I love the sponged background and the alphabet panel! The butterfly and silver thread looks gorgeous, Karren! XX

Patrice said...

Love this card, Karren. I particularly like your 'pear' sponging, the faded look you give the edges is really appealing. Must try it myself one of these days. x

Christine Blain said...

I'm another fan of that awesome sponged background - it looks fantastic, Karren. Lovely use of the challenge colours; thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink!

Shona Chambers said...

Fabulous use of the challenge colours and I'm yet another fan of your sponged background, the effect is amazing. So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

Jan said...

Wow! I just love this Karen! And I too love your sponged background and the wonderful way all your elements work so beautifully together. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Marika said...

Great challenge combo! Those background striped look so cool and girly!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

All the elements on this card really work together so nicely! I really like the velum over the dsp,
Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

KimB said...

Fantastic striking eclectic mix of fabulous modern patterns and elements Karren. Those green stripes really catch the eye! Thanks for joining is at Just Add Ink this week.

LeAnne said...

This is so sweet.....a simple design and yet you packed a lot of goodness in it! Wonderful!

stampwithsandy said...

Karren your cards never disappoint! I love all the texture and interesting layers, yet you manage to keep your card CAS at the same time. Fabulous!

Jan Clothier said...

You've made the colours look so rich! A lovely card, Karen.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stunning card Karren!

Debbie Mageed said...

You make CAS cards look so easy, but I know that they are the absolute hardest to make. I love the sponged background, and your sentiment is so eye-catching. Beautiful card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how darling! Love that bit of thread. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE!! I love what you did with the partial background!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that this card has a real collage feel to it, whilst still being CAS - gorgeous Karren!

Jaydee said...

oooo.... I love that striped layer, the little enamel dots and that fabulous butterfly. A beautifully composed and executed CAS card. love it
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

W.O.W. What an amazing card!! I absolutely LOVE all the well thought out details, but still CAS!! You really knocked this challenge out of the park!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awesome card, Karren! Love the mix of colors and patterns.