Sunday 3 May 2015

Road Trip

Welcome to my post for this week's challenge at The Paper Players, where Sandy has given us a Transportation theme.



I pulled out my Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz set called Travel Ways but really wasn't in the mood to create a vintage card, so I took the vintage-looking images and created a CAS card.


First I stamped the car in black onto the card base and clear-embossed it.  I then used the ink-smooshing technique again (love how easy that technique is!) and used the colors from ColourMe, but in Distress inks - Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.

Once I was happy with the ink placement, I stamped the sentiment in Archival Black ink and my card was finished!


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful cards using this theme, so I hope you'll have time to join us.


Products used:

Stamps:  Travel Ways (Stampers Anonymous)
Ink:  Archival Black, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
Cardstock:  White
Accessories, Clear EP, Acetate

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Colour Me.


19 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is the perfect cas card, Karren! Love how it turned out; aren't those colors awesom?! I used them for a challenge as well. Cool car, too! :) Lee Ann

Linda Callahan said...

Oh man I love this!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! What a perfect CAS card, Karren! I adore that antique card! This is perfect for any guy! Love the colors, too! XX

laurie said...

Your "smooshing" turned out awesome! I love that image, and the sentiment is perfect.Have a fun Sunday!

Jen Mitchell said...

This looks so much like a vintage car bursting out of a time warp! How do you think of these things???

LeAnne said...

I am IN LOVE with this card......and car! I love EVERY SINGLE THING about it!

Kim S said...

Fabulous! It looks kind of rusty like an old car - yet it glows (kind of like I feel starting a road trip!)

Linda Handford said...

Love your card, so simple but stylish, great card :)

Tanja said...

love your smooshing - a lot of fun and fantastic effect - thanks for joining us at Colur me...! this week

Narelle Farrugia said...

Soooooo coo! Love your totally fabulous CAS masculine card!

Nance Leedy said...

Totally fabulous, Karren! The colors, the layout that big, shiny car--love it. You rocked this challenge, my friend!

maria f. said...

This is wonderfully done. Congrats on your shout out at Colour me.

stampwithsandy said...

I absolutely love this, Karren! What a super cool car. Wish I could see how shiny it is in person!

Debbie Mageed said...

This card sure brings back some memories for me! I have no idea what smooshing is but I sure love the effect on your card. This is a great masculine card!!

Unknown said...

What a great way to combine all those colors! I love your 'smooshing' and will have to look that up so I can learn to do it too!! I love your style of clean and simple!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A fab CAS card Karren - I'm off to learn about ink smooshing too, it is the perfect background to your roadster!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Karren! Smooshing certainly created the perfect background for this fabulous card! Great job!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love how you turned the vintage image into such a rip and clean CAS card, Karren. Love how you mixed the colors on the stamped background, too. Just gorgeous!

Marika said...

Love that background! Will you explain it to me, please? So do you ink you craft mat and sprinkle some water and then put a paper on it.. I translated the word and this is what google translate gave me "use a sharp knife so as not to smoosh the broccoli" :D