Tuesday 26 May 2015

Newsprint Christmas

It's time for another Christmas card, courtesy of Merry Monday.  This week, I am the hostess and I've chosen the theme of newsprint.


I love the look of newsprint on cards, so when I saw this photo on Pinterest, I knew it was going to become my challenge.

For my card, I again went CAS, which seems to be my go-to style lately as my card-making time gets condensed.


I die cut a circle mask and placed that over my card base.  I then stamped SU's Dictionary stamp inside the mask with Fog ink and lightly sponged from the outside in to define the circle more.

After that, it was a simple job to die cut a sentiment, color it with Wink of Stella and stick on a few enamel dots.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll find time to join in my challenge.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful and varied uses of the theme in their cards, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Dictionary (SU)
Ink:  Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Green Apple (SSS)
Accessories:  Wet Paint Holiday dies (PTI), Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

laurie said...

Love that sentiment die...fun card!

laurie said...

Love that sentiment die...fun card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeously CAS!!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Becca Cruger said...

Just gorgeous! Clean and crisp is hard to do when newsprint is involved, so I commend you!

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Love this CAS card, so happy I got to join you at Merry Monday this week. Hugs Ax

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty card Karren. Love the circle with the dictionary print as your back drop to the die-cut greeting.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the way you've stamped that newsprint image. The soft sponging on the edges makes me think of a snow globe!

Bonnie said...

Love your masked newsprint, the bright and beautiful merry Christmas and the pop of the colored dots! Great challenge, Karren! Have a great week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just beautiful Karren! I love that fog ink (of course I've never heard of it before) but I love the effect!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this, Karren! So perfect! Have a great week!

Katie Melhus said...

I'm loving this simple design, Karren, it's gorgeous! Have a great week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LOVE your design, Karren, with that "hint" of newsprint and bright green word die cut!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, another amazing design! I love the green sentiment with the newsprint and enamel dots! Truly stunning! XX

Greta said...

Love this challenge, Karren & your card is inspiring!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic challenge Karren, I love the simple design of your card.

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome CAS design Karen, fabulous challenge.