Sunday 24 May 2015

More Than Ice Cream

It's time for The Paper Players weekly challenge and this week Anne Marie has a sketch for us.



I sort of went a little bit off-track when it came to following the sketch but I think you can see the elements there :)


This is nothing like my original plan, but I kinda like it!  And I do realise that is not an ice-cream so doesn't really match the sentiment, but I'm claiming artistic license here :)  I colored my ice block (not sure what it's called in the US) with Copics then cut it out.  I used my new Blueprints 25 to cut the curve and inlaid a So Saffron panel cut with the same die.  I then used a stitched die on the outside before splattering some aqua watercolor paint onto the card base.

Once that was dry I stamped my sentiment on a curve and adhered the ice block using foam tape.



I hope you like this interpretation.  Be sure to check out the beautiful cards created by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Ice Cream Dream (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, So Saffron, X-Press It
Accessories:  Blueprints 25 (MFT), Copics, watercolor paints, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle Mats

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute!!

LeAnne said...

LOL....I wasn't sure what you were talking about when you called it an "ice block"! Of course, I figured it out...I think we would probably call it a popsicle!!! It's cute, whatever you call it....although I think if I had to choose between ice cream and my husband, the ice cream might win!! Ooops, don't tell him that! But your card is very cool and clever!

laurie said...

This card made me smile! What a cute sentiment with the image..darling!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the swoop! Ths is one cool card in every way!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is cool! Loving that sentiment and icypole combo!

Unknown said...

Oh!! I just love your take on the sketch!! Truly inspired!! I had to pause ad think...'ice block'?? Totally threw me for a loop, so much that I forgot what we call it!! Awesome, awesome card!!

stampwithsandy said...

I love your take on the sketch too, Karren! Super cute and I love the swooshy curve!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very interesting take on the sketch! Love your colors and the sentiment is adorable!!

Jaydee said...

Great take on the challenge, Karren. I love all of that wonderful white space. CAS perfection
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great interpretation of Anne-Marie's sketch Karren - I love that you used so much artistic licence. You can definitely see the layout there and it's nice to not be too constrained by it. Love the lollipop and sentiment too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I absolutely LOVE your take on the sketch Karren! Such an adorable “ice block” image, too. I think it is so fun to learn what things are called in different areas of the world. I guess we would call it a popsicle in the US. Either way, who wouldn’t love such a cute sweet treat? Thanks for stepping out of the box with my sketch this week! So awesome! Hugs! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, what a clever take on the sketch Karren--fabulous! I love the bold swoosh of color--what a cool die. Ice block, popsicle, whatever it's called it's adorable!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is just so clever and creative! What a fun take on the sketch! The "ice block" looks tasty! I have never heard it called that, so loved learning something new today! XXX