Thursday 7 May 2015

Just Because

It's Freshly Made Sketch day and that means it's time for a fantastic new sketch!  This week, Cindy Hall is our very talented and clever hostess.  Cindy has a wonderfully timeless and versatile sketch for us.  Check it out!


And here's my card:


I went with a very simple card, mainly because I wanted to try out my new Painted Flowers set from Altenew!  I stamped the flower using double and triple stamping of Audrey Blue ink (thank goodness for my Misti!).  I colored the flower using my Wink of Stella and you can see a bit of the shimmer in the photo below.  


After stamping the sentiment, I die-cut the panel.  The flags behind the panel were cut using one of the dies in Blueprints 8.

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the beautiful cards made by the Design Team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Painted Flowers (Altenew), Say it in Style (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Audrey Blue (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Audrey Blue, Soft Navy
Accessories:  Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle dies, Wink of Stella, Blueprints 8 (MFT)


19 comments:

maria f. said...

Those Altenew flowers are pretty wherever they appear, but they really take my breath away in blue tones. What a great choice for that sketch.

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful CAS card! Love it.

Unknown said...

Lovely card, great colour combo. Karen x

Lesley said...

Cannot wait for my Altenew stamps to arrive! Love the look of your CAS card, Karren!

Jen W. said...

This card totally popped out at me from the Freshly Made DT gallery. Clean, crisp and fabulous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous! I love the rich colors of the flower. Every time you use that Audrey Blue ink I love it. I think I need to buy it!!

Linda Beeson said...

I am so in love with that flower stamp, it is always fun to see it used.

Linda Callahan said...

Black and blue never looked so good! Love this!

Unknown said...

I don't think I can say how much I LOVE this card!! Perfect colors, perfectly balance, perfectly clean and simple! I am totally going to case this!! Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration!

Deepti said...

Simplicity at its best :)

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is gorgeous! I love those colours and that fabulous white background oh and that beautiful flower! I want to make cards like you when I grow up!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love this striking colour combo against all that white! Perfect use of colours with image!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I Just LOVE the sheer simplicity of this Karren, it literally jumped out at me!! Fabulous colour and terrific with that pop of black! Thank you so much for your inspiration over at FMS! Hazel xx

stampwithsandy said...

I love this single bloom, Karren. Gorgeous!

stampwithsandy said...

I love this single bloom, Karren. Gorgeous!

Cindy Lovell said...

This flower is so pretty!! I just love all the white space on this card!! FAB!!!

Rita W said...

In love with this!!!!! So, so pretty. That one bloom is so amazing that it needs nothing else to shine.

Amy O said...

Clean, simple and beautiful! And I love that shade of blue.

Marika said...

So striking card Karren! Maybe I need invest to MISTI too.