Tuesday 19 May 2015

Joyful Wishes

Hi and welcome to Merry Monday - where you get to make your Christmas cards one week at a time :)  This week Debbie is our hostess and her challenge is to use a non-evergreen tree on your card.


I have been wanting the Joy to the Woods set from Lawn Fawn since I first saw it and I finally got it a couple of months ago, so I had to use it for my card.


I stamped and cut the birch trees before lightly coloring with Copics.  I also colored the ornament and the little squirrel.  I die cut a snowy slope before sponging and lightly coloring with a paintbrush and water.  I then arranged my pieces on my card and stamped the sentiment.


Be sure to check out the fabulous cards created by the design team and give this fun challenge a go.

Products used:

Stamps:  Joy to the Woods (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Balck, Archival Black, Tumbled Glass
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Accessories:  Joy to the Woods dies, Copics, Wink of Stella, Stitched Slopes and Hills dies (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Oh gosh I just love this, Karren! If you can beleive it I just purchased this stamp set yesterday! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Bonnie said...

This is such a super sweet scene, Karren! I love the birch trees and that little squirrel on the watercolored snowbank! Have a wonderful week!

Marika said...

What a cool inspiration picture and your take on it is wonderful! Love the inked snowbank.

SonjaK said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the little scene you've created. I should really start to play along with this challenge to get my Christmas ready without stress for once.

LeAnne said...

Adorable...sweetest little scene ever!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

OH MY this is just darling!! Love the CAS design and wonderful sentiment! Hope you have a fabulous week!

Kristie Goulet said...

So adorable, Karren! Love the birch trees. Have a great week!

Katie Melhus said...

This is precious Karren, I love everything about it! Have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable. And then some!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am loving those trees with that cute little squirrel!

Christine Blain said...

Karren, this is TOO cute! I love the single bright ornament, your gorgeous colouring and the sweet little squirrel.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The stamp image is GORGEOUS and so cute with the squirrel and ornament!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this card is adorable, Karren! Love the trees and that cute little squirrel!!! :)

francesca said...

super pretty card! :)

Greta said...

Adorable card, Karren! I love how you colored the snowy slope!

Notes by Nina said...

This is the most adorable wintery scene Karren, that little squirrel is so cute.