Wednesday 6 May 2015

In Shape

Hi and welcome!  I'm so excited because today I get to be a Guest Designer at CASology!  The cue word for this week is:



I actually made two cards for this challenge.  The first one involved die-cutting different shapes but in the end I wasn't happy with it and decided to go in a totally different direction.



Now who on earth would I send this to???  I don't know, but it was great fun to make!  The stamps are from Inky Antics and I stamped the lady and very quickly colored her with Copics.  Disclaimer:  This lady is totally fictitious and is definitely not based on anyone I know or see in the mirror ;)



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll have time to check out the gorgeous cards made by the Design Team and have a go at this challenge yourself.  There are so many directions this cue word can take you!

Products used:

Stamps:  Ageless Worldly Women (Inky Antics)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Oh this speaks to me more than you know! So glad someone took this direction for shape! Great to have you as GD this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on the GD spot. Well deserved! And I don't know this lady either! But she's colored fabulously!

Tenia Nelson said...

Too fun and congrats!!

maria f. said...

tee hee hee.

ÅsaJ said...

This is so funny! Love it! :-)

SonjaK said...

Wow Karen, congrats to your GD spot. And what a fun take on the cue word. This card's fabulous.

Jen W. said...

So glad to have you as a GD this week, Karren, and even more so when I saw your finished card. It totally cracked me up! I was thinking along these lines for a card but really didn't have the stamps for it. You've rocked it though! Love love love this! She is so me!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is incredibly funny and I LOVE it!!! Glad you chose this twist on the theme, Acckkk FUN!!!! So glad to have you with CASology this week as our featured guest designer!!! Yay!!!

Joyce said...

This card is so adorable and just cracked me up. I can think of half a dozen people I would send or give this card to--they are all my gym friends. What a great interpretation of 'shape' and it is really wonderful to have you with us at CASology as Guest Designer this week.

Deepti said...

This is so funny :) and congrats on your GD !

Judy1223 said...

Hmmm...my hair kinds looks like hers...and I do have little hand weights like those...could it be...? NO! I must say I LOVE this fun card, Karren, and I wanted to do something like this but didn't have the supplies to do so. So glad YOU did, this is a fun card! So great to have you guest designing with us at CASology this week!

OH Babs said...

Cute, cute, cute. I would send this to some of my friends. Actually the figure looks a lot like me, well not really I stopped wearing blue eye shadow years ago. Great card.

OH Babs said...

Cute, cute, cute. I would send this to some of my friends. Actually the figure looks a lot like me, well not really I stopped wearing blue eye shadow years ago. Great card.

Marika said...

Send this to me!!! :D Such a funny card! Love it! Congrats on your GD spot!