Sunday 24 May 2015

Gnome Time

It's early Sunday evening here and I'm sneaking in a blog post a few hours before my Paper Players Challenge post goes live.  

While I was waiting for dinner to cook, I decided to color up one of the gnomes from my new set from MFT.  I had it in mind to create a tag for the current Tag You're It challenge, but I had no idea what I was going to do once I'd stamped and colored my gnome.  

I was inspired by the shaped bottom of Lynn's tag; the thanks sentiment, as well as the red/green nature theme.  This is what I came up with:


After I colored my gnome I die-cut him with a Reverse Confetti tag die, keeping him to the left of the tag to allow room for the sentiment.  I used a double-tag approach like Lynn and for the added layer on the bottom, I went with some die-cut grass.  I finished off the tag with some red and green baker's twine.


It was fun playing with this little fella and a nice way to round out the weekend, ready for another week at work.

Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stamps:  You Gnome Me (MFT), Happy Hello (Verve)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Lucky Limeade (SU), Schoolhouse Red (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Tag Me Too die (Reverse Confetti), Grassy Edges die (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

SonjaK said...

Such a cute tag! It's a wonderful free and creative take on the sketch. So well done! I'm still musing if I need to buy these gnomes or not. They look so good on all the project I see them but I'm not sure if I'd use them often enough.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karren, your tag is so adorable! Love your take on Lynn's tag - red underlay and a green grass border of your tag

Nancy Penir said...

Your sweet gnome won my heart! Colored beautifully, tagged to perfection!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so awesome! I've been resisting those gnomes but I can feel myself weakening! :)

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous tag-what a sweet little Gnome!
Best wishes,Nessa xxx

Jane Willis said...

Love the cute little gnome, and he's so beautifully coloured. The die cut grass combines beautifully with him

anja curvers said...

Very pretty love that little guy. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.