Sunday 3 May 2015

Embossed Fern

Hi!  I was so inspired by Jen's tag at Tag You're It that I had to have a go myself!  I combined the tag with the sketch at Friday Mashup and the colors at ColourQ to come up with this card.




My tag was created first by white-embossing the fern from Penny Black's Enjoy Life set.  I then sponged Scattered Straw and Bundled Sage ink onto the tag in a diagonal pattern.  Once I was happy with that, I very lightly stamped the Water Droplets stamp in Fog ink over the tag before flicking water on it to create more interest.  The sentiment was stamped in Primrose Petals ink using one of the sentiments from Painted Butterflies.  I sponged around the outside of the tag using Vintage Photo.  For the card base, I clear-embossed the Water Droplets stamp and adhered a die-cut piece of vellum before attaching the tag at an angle.



Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Enjoy Life (Penny Black), Water Droplets (Designs by Ryn), Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Bundled Sage, Primrose Petals, Fog
Cardstock:  Dark Chocolate (SSS), Vellum, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Tags a Lot (Mama Elephant), Blueprints 24 (MFT), Clear EP, White EP, Twine

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Claire said...

I've never seen that water droplets stamp - it's such a gorgeous, subtle background, perfect for the more intricate embossed tag. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your sponged background is amazing! You've blended the colors so beautifully - I can NEVER get mine to look so good!

Nancy Penir said...

Such a striking card, the way you framed the tag. Speaking of tag, your's is so beautifully blended and antiqued on the edges! Love those white ferns and the water droplets too! Thanks for joining in at TYI!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful coloring on your tag. I love how it is the front-and-center focus of your card. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Karren, what a striking card! I love the vintage appearance and the lovely, muted colours. Thanks for sharing your "recipe". I'll have to give this a try. Thank you for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup.

anja curvers said...

This is really beuatiful love it. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

Jeanne J. said...

So elegant! Your inking is beautiful and the fern is so classic and detailed.

Lisa said...

Wonderful card, great use of the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!