Thursday 28 May 2015

Coffee?

It's time for another fabulous challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and this week it's my turn to be hostess!  I came up with a simple sketch that is open to interpretation.  In fact, my own card doesn't completely match the sketch - but that's what makes the whole challenge game fun, right?


When I designed the sketch some weeks ago, I had planned on putting a row of flowers along the bottom.  Somewhere along the way, my flowers changed to a coffee cup...


I started with a white card base (as always, it seems!) and stamped the coffee circle stamp using Memento Toffee Crunch ink.  I die cut the coffee cup using Desert Storm, Very Vanilla and a watercolored piece I had on my desk from another card.  I shaped the coffee cup and lightly sponged the sides to give dimension.  The center of the cup is popped up on two layers of foam tape and the sides only one.  

I hunted for a sentiment that was small enough to fit on the panel along with the coffee cup and found this one from PTI.  However, the bottom looked bare so I carefully lined up the square panel with the coffee circle and over-stamped to get some of the coffee circle on the sentiment panel. 


No embellishments on this card as it's probably destined for a male.

I'm entering this into Seize the Birthday's Anything Goes Challenge.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the rest of the design team's fabulous inspiration and I hope you'll find time to have a go.

Products used:

Stamps:  Communique Curves (PTI), Inkadinkado 97100
Ink:  Memento Toffee Crunch,  Dark Chocolate (SSS)
Cardstock: White, black, Desert Storm, Very Vanilla, Watercolor
Accessories:  Coffee Cup die (MFT), Lil' Inkers Stitched Square dies, water color paints

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Karren. I love your sketch! And love your card too!
Thanks for playing at Seize the birthday!

Linda Callahan said...

I would so love to be able to share a cup of coffee with you! Fun card with the spatters and coffee ring! And the sketch is terrific!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card so much! That coffee stain is just perfect! I smile when I see it! Thanks for such a great sketch this week!!!

Marika said...

Awesome sketch, Karren! Makes me want to play along right away! Your take is wonderful, coffee cups... flowers... isn't they all the same!?!? :) Great masculine card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love your take on the sketch Karren! The coffee stain is absolutely perfect!

Amy O said...

Coffee stains have never looked so good! I love how you've stamped the ring on both panels. This was a great sketch with which to work, Karren!

Cindy Lovell said...

Your Sketch and card are both so awesome! I loved playing with it!!
I love the coffee ring and the splatters!!!

Ela said...

I love that card and the coffee stains.
Hugs
Ela

Colleen said...

I love that you, the designer of the sketch totally comes up with a card thinking outside the box and 'mixing' it up! thank you so much for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

maria f. said...

I just love this design and color scheme.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Yes, please! GREAT take on the sketch. :)

Jen Timko said...

Your sketch has been fabulous this week and your card is simply wonderful. Love that "coffee stain" and your cup!

Glenda J said...

This is terrific! Great colours and I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a fabulous card Karren! Love this image you've used - it's right up my coffee-loving alley!