Sunday 15 February 2015

Flowers for Mum

It's my mum's birthday next week and I'm heading out to visit her today so I'll take her birthday present and card.  Hopefully she won't see this post before I get there :)

I used the colors from this week's ColourQ challenge and the sketch from Fusion to come up with this card that I hope she'll like.



I took some Very Vanilla cardstock and finger-walked the Dictionary stamp over it to create the diagonal panel as well as the horizontal panel.  For the circular piece, I first stamped the peonies then lightly over-stamped the Dictionary stamp with Fog ink to give a very light newsprint background.

All the panels were layered onto black cardstock.  The sentiment is a die-cut by Spellbinders and I stuck the Real Red piece to some double-sided sticky paper before die-cutting to make it easier to stick down.  I wasn't sure about the embellishments, but decided to go with some matte sequins in a dark gray color.



Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Dictionary (SU), Pretty Peonies (WP9)
Ink:  Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black, Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  circle nestabilities, Spellbinders Celebration die, CTMH sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at ColorQ.

10 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your mum is going to love it as much as me! This is just gorgeous Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that finger walking. Must remember to use that some time! And I suspect that your mum is going to LOVE this.

Julia Aston said...

Great technique on your text background - the flowers really pop against the black and white - thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your finger walking technique for the newsprint, a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, this is just gorgeous!! Love that background technique!!

Claire said...

This is a stunner Karren - I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled. The way you've stamped the background text is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card Karren, love the newsprint background! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Jan Clothier said...

Such a beautiful card. I really like the way you've finger-walked the dictionary stamp - that's one of my favourite stamps.

Michelle said...

Wow! I love how you've used the sketch in your beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

~amy~ said...

Oh, I LOVE this. awesome card!
Thanks for joining us at FUSION!