Thursday 27 November 2014

Birthday Paint

Hi and welcome back for another Freshly Made Sketch challenge!  This week, the lovely Jen Brum is our challenge hostess and she has a fabulous sketch for us:


I decided to make a birthday card, which may end up going to my soon-to-be 17 year old son.


I started with a white card base and a white top panel.  I stamped a couple of paint splashes using Fog ink and then stamped the word Birthday from PTI's Wet Paint set.

For the die cut "happy", I cut three out of Green Apple cardstock and one from black cardstock, stacking them all up, but offsetting the black one slightly to create a shadow.  I clear-embossed the top layer a couple of times to give it some dimension.





I layered that panel onto a piece of black cardstock and finished off with some Lucky Limeade baker's twine.

I'm entering this card into the Sweet Stampin' birthday challenge.

Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some amazing inspiration for you, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Wet Paint, Watercolor Wonder (PTI)
Ink:  Fog (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Green Apple (SSS)
Accessories:  Clear EP, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (SU)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Oooh! I LOVE this, Karren! This is a great sketch! Pinning to CASE later! Awesome!!!!

Marika said...

Very COOL card for a 17 year old BOY! Great Design, Karren! Congrats also on your win at Color me...! Very well deserved!

Linda Callahan said...

Well I am happy just looking at this! Love the foggy swoosh!

Christine Blain said...

This is WAY cool, Karren! Love it to bits.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how you do these die cut sentiments! Offsetting the black layer is genius! What a fantastic card!

Cindy Lovell said...

I LOVE this card,Karren!!! Love how you did the Happy,looks awesome with the shadow and the glossy finish!! So awesome!!

Amy O said...

I love how you've layered the HAPPY and added the glossy effect. Fabulous birthday card, Karren!

Cass said...

Fabby card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

mixamatoasties said...

Super card.

Thanks for helping celebrate our birthday at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Jen Brum said...

Karren! This is so fabulously masculine! So clean and so perfect for an almost 17 year old! Love the "Happy"! The shadow is fabulous!

Rita W said...

This is so perfect for your son! I love the paint stamps (too much and am off to look....)

Cindy Hall said...

What a fabulous look! I love how you layered the "happy" for a real pop. Great colors for a guy, too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Yep - I need to learn how to do this to my sentiments - it really is striking. Your son will love this card Karren!