Tuesday 19 August 2014

Merry

Welcome to another Merry Monday challenge.  This week, Sue is our challenge hostess and she has a color challenge for us - black, gold and silver.



I chose to use black and white as my main colors, with splatters of gold and silver made with Twinkling H2Os, which I've just re-discovered after not using them for many years.



I used a die cut sent to me by my Merry Monday Secret Santa last year and black-embossed it a couple of times to give it some dimension and shine.  For the white panel, I simply flicked Twinkling H2Os in gold and silver onto the panel using a paintbrush.  Once it dried, I adhered the sentiment and then finished the card with some rhinestones.  In this next photo, you can see the shimmer:


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you have time to join in the challenge.  Don't forget - Christmas isn't that far away :)

Products used:

Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Black EP, Gold and Silver Twinkling H2Os, Basic Rhinestones

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning! Love your beautiful clean and simple design Karren.

Katie Melhus said...

This is great Karren - that shining die cut is awesome :)

LeAnne said...

I just love the simplicity of this card, Karren....and the little bit of shimmer adds just the right touch!

Deepti said...

Such a cool and simple way to add gold and silver :) perfect CAS card !

Bonnie said...

Simple, elegant and fun with those splatters! I love it! Hope you have a wonderful week, Karren!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love how you added the silver and gold to your card. I have never played with Twinkling H2O's. You have got me curious though. :)

Stampingcountry said...

Cute CAS Card! Your splatter do almost look like water.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the splatters Karren and the CAS card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh no. Twinkling H2Os. Can you explain, in 10 words or less, why I need Twinkling H2Os? I think we are going to have to break up because it seems like every time I visit here my shopping list gets a little bit longer. The card is fantastic, by the way. :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love all those sparkling splatters!!!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE the beautiful simplicity of your card and the Twinkly H2O treatment is A-mazing!!!

Wendy said...

So pretty, Karren! Love the gold splatters and all the sparkle! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, this technique is stunning with the silver and gold.

chrissy xx said...

GOrgeous! I LOve your embossed sentiment it's sooo pretty.
FABulous CAS design too.
Chrissyxx

Lori Turner said...

LOVE this CAS card, Karren! Love the "flicks" of gold and sparkle!