Thursday 31 July 2014

Hello Honey!

Welcome back to another Freshly Made Sketch Challenge!  This week, our very own, super-talented Artisan, Jennifer Timko, designed the sketch.



Now, before we get to my card, I have to confess that when I re-drew the sketch on some scrap paper before heading off to my craft room, I somehow drew it as a square card!  To boot, my three panels are different sizes to the sketch.  Doh!



Despite all that, though, I do like this card.  I took advantage of the sale at Online Card Classes and bought the Creative Chemistry 101 class.  What fun!  I made my background panels using distress inks, my blending tool and flicking water over the top.  I then went over the whole thing using Old Paper ink and flicked water again.



The background panel is made using a stencil I cut with my Cameo.  This stencil was cut using Whisper White cardstock and I must have used it 5 times already and it's still going strong!  I also sponged this using Distress Ink and flicked water over the finished piece.  The die cut sentiment was cut three times using Hello Honey and twice using Basic Black before all being stacked together.  Of course I had to paint Wink of Stella over the top :)




Thanks for visiting.  I hope you visit the rest of the design team as they have fabulous cards made for this challenge.

Products used:

Ink:  Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Hello Honey, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Big Hello (SSS), Wink of Stella, White American Crafts Twine

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza! The background and the panels are fabulous......beautifully done! And totally set off by the bold sentiment!

Amy O said...

Oh, I wish I could come play with you in your stamp room! I would learn so much and be totally broke afterwards, but I know it would be so fun. You amaze me with what you do with paper and inks each week. Love this,Karren!

Dari said...

I love your blocks. Thanks for sharing how you did them. Nice card!

Jen Mitchell said...

All I can say is "wow!" I signed up for that class too but I haven't watched any of the videos yet. If this is the kind of stuff I'll be learning then it's money well spent!

Julene Matthews said...

Looks wonderful,despite your misinterpretation.

Cindy Hall said...

This is amazing, Karren! I love what you created with the technique! Your color choices are gorgeous, and I love the finished card.

Jen Timko said...

Holy wow! All the background beauty….yowza. Love everything about it including your take on the sketch. Consider it pinned!

SonjaK said...

Wow, Karren, this is so wonderful! I love the warm yellows combined with the black background and bold greeting. I totally missed the flash sale at Online Card Classes and am happy for you that you didn't. I bet it's a LOT of fun following Tim's instructions.

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is so beautiful, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! This card is so amazing Karren! I love the colours and the technique! The "hello" stands out so well against the hello honey! I think it's a great take on Jen's sketch!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Total wow - love the effect this technique gives your background panels. I paid for this class - might help me with techniques if I actually watched a video! Probably forgotten my logon by now.....