Saturday 12 April 2014

Stacked Hello

Hi and welcome to the weekend!  This is the first weekend in over a month where I'm not frantically packing or moving, so it's nice to relax - even if we are living in the garage LOL.  This card I'm about to show you was my first attempt at this week's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches.  I ended up not posting this card to the DT blog because it was just too far removed from the sketch.  I do like it though so here it is:


And here's the sketch:

I just got an order from Simon Says Stamp and wanted to use some new stuff.  I cut the hello die 6 times - 2 each from Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Old Olive.  I then stacked them together.  In future, I would stack the colors together to make more of an impact.  See what I mean:


It's hard to tell there are different colors used here.  The card base and white panel were treated to some embossing paste and stenciling.  (If you saw my final FMS card, you'll see some familiar pieces!  I used the bottom two layers on my final card.)

Because I can't leave my Wink of Stella pen alone, I had to color the word die.  This shot on my craft mat is the best I could get of the gorgeous shimmer.


Thanks for visiting.  If you haven't already, check out the FMS and give Cindy's sketch a go.

Products used:

Cardstock:  Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pool Party
Accessories:  Hello die (SSS), yellow twine (American Crafts), Enamel Dots (Freckled Fawn), Bubbles Stencil (Tim Holtz), Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Old Olive reinker

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!! :)

Scrappy Géri said...

Lovely card Karren :) have a Nice way! :)

Rita W said...

Wowzers! I LOVE this! I am so wanting to do the stacked word like that. I have got to get a cool die to do it with!