Sunday 2 February 2014

Cross Stitch Love

I got the January Stamp of the Month from CTMH yesterday.  It's called Cross Stitch Wishes and while it's not my usual style, it's perfect for a Valentine's card.  Coincidentally, the challenge at ATCAS is Love and the color challenge at ColourQ is pink tones, so I decided to take the new set for a test drive.


This is a very, very simple card, but I quite like it.  I stamped the string in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the hearts with Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Primrose Petals markers before stamping onto the string.  The "Love" had a heart above and below it, but I cut those off the stamp and inked up the word in Crumb Cake.  

A Pink Pirouette heart punched from the Owl Punch and stuck it over the center heart.  Some pearls were placed on the card, either plain or colored with a copic marker.

I kept the inside simple to match the outside.


I think I'll give this card to my 11-year old son.  Even though it's a bit of a girly card, William is a very sweet and loving boy (when he's not being a drama queen!).  Last night I was feeling unwell with an upset stomach and went upstairs to lie down for a while.  William comes up with the thermometer, a glass of water and some cold medication (hey, it's medicine!).  Such a sweet boy.

Thanks for looking.




Products used:

Stamps:  Cross Stitch Wishes (CTMH)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Copic marker, Pink Pirouette, Primrose Petals, Blushing Bride markers

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card, that heart banner is so sweet!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card may be simple Karren but it's incredibly sweet! I love how you've used the challenge colours in your string of hearts!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Karren, this is so so pretty, and perfectly CAS! Love the cross-stitch hearts! Thank you so much for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous stamps and I love the soft colors you used. Just perfect for our challenge at ATCAS thanks so much for playing along.

Marie

Miss Vicky said...

So sweet Karen. Love it! TFS

Judy1223 said...

Karren, I love these cross-stitch hearts! Such a sweet card!

Bonnie said...

Love these "cross stitch" hearts and matching sentiment! Sounds like you have a very special and sweet son! What a treasure!

Antje said...

Great cards and what a sweet boy!

Sylvia said...

Sweet Valentine, Karren, the cross stitch hearts are lovely! So glad you joined in the fun at the colourQ.