Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hey, Cupcake

Over the next month, two of my three sisters have birthdays.  Today I made a card for one of them (not sure which one, yet!).  I used the colors from Just Add Ink for my card, which also uses the new Circle Thinlits.  I've been waiting and waiting for SU to introduce them to the NZ market, so a very good friend of mine in the US sent me both the Circles and Labels sets for my birthday.  Today is the first chance I've had to try them out.  ETA:  I just logged onto the SU Demo site and these are going to be available in NZ from 22 October!



These cards are a 'mare to photograph so I took several photos.  This first one is the card closed.  I used an Inkadinkado set for the cupcakes which I colored using refills and an aqua painter.  It's been quite a while since I colored with an aqua painter but I wanted a very watery look for the Raspberry Ripple icing otherwise it would have looked sickly :)  The small cupcake has the Raspberry Ripple watered-down and the Raspberry Ripple full strength for the cherry - so you can see the difference!  

The candy dots are actually Rose Red but they are close enough to pass for Raspberry Ripple.  

Here is a photo of the inside.



I used some NBUS on this card, which is a Paper Smooches set I just received on the weekend.  For the circle element, I stamped the sentiment in Raspberry Ripple, then over-stamped the cupcake in Sahara Sand.  And another photo just for the fun of it!





Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Cupcake (Inkadinkado); Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana; Very Vanilla; In Color DSP; Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon; Raspberry Ripple; Coastal Cabana; Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Raspberry Ripple Ribbon; Circle Thinlits; 2 1/5" circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; Regals Candy Dots

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. So nice of your USA Friend to send you both sets of the thinlits dies.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I need a friend like that! Can you lend me yours??? :) Love the fold you've created and your cupcake images are look yummy! Great use of the challenge colours this week Karren! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

Nikki Spencer said...

They look good enough to eat..:0) A beautiful card Karren, love that full dsp cover and your use of the challenge colours is really lovely! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

Bonnie said...

You did a wonderful job of making and photographing this card, Karren! I love that cupcake and it's making my mouth water for raspberry icing!

Christine Blain said...

What a fun card! Your sister (whichever one, ha ha) will love it, I'm sure. Great way to use the challenge colours, Karren - so bright and happy. I love how you stamped the outlined cupcake and sentiment on the back of the main cupcake circle. So cute! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

These are tricky to photograph but you've done a great job Karren. Lucky you to have both sets of thinlets already too! Great colouring of the cupcakes, one of your sisters will be delighted to get this for sure! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink