Saturday 1 June 2013

The Blackbird of Just Because...

So, instead of the bluebird of happiness today, I present the blackbird of just because...



This card is for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the challenge at Friday Mashup, which is to use the colors from your favorite sports team or make a CAS card.  I'm not into sport, but if I had to name my favorite team, it would have to be the All Blacks - New Zealand's rugby team (and current Rugby World Cup champions).  For those of you who don't know what our national rugby team's colors are - feast your eyes on this...



Not too shabby, aye?  So you can see that the uniform is black with white accents, which is what I attempted on my card.  I again used a rub-on for my sentiment - gotta use them up somehow!  I struggled with whether to add more embellishments, but ended up just leaving it pretty plain and simple - unlike Dan Carter above :)



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Notably Ornate
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Neutrals DSP
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Rub-ons; Black EP; Adorning Accents EF and framelits; corner rounder

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen for a Glamette award at Friday Mashup.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang on, I need to inspect the picture provided for your team colors a few more times, ya know, to ensure you followed the challege rules ;) LOL

This is beautiful Karren! That bird looks stunning in black and the pretty white scalloped border looks so nice!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

There's always a back story... ;) A very unique card came out of this challenge, and I love it! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy O said...

Black and white are so striking together. And I always love polka dots. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Hmmm, I might become a fan too! LOL! This card is fabulous!! This bird is the cool friend of the blue bird!! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Lili said...

You did a great job combining black and white. It is a gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!