Sunday 19 May 2013

Starry, Starry Card

The title of this blog post has me singing Don McLean's "Vincent" in my head:

Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and grey
Look out on a summer's day...

Now you've got in your head, too?  You're welcome LOL.

Anyway, onto the card.  I made this card today for the color challenge at Just Add Ink and the sketch challenge at CAS(e) This Sketch.  I haven't been able to play along at CAS(e) for weeks and I'm glad I got a chance today.




I pulled out an old, retired Stampin' Up! set (that wasn't even mounted) called Seeing Stars.  I love the graphic look of the images and used pretty much all the images in the set.  I stamped using the color challenge colors of Midnight Muse; Lucky Limeade and Crumb Cake.  The image panel is mounted onto the card base using dimensionals.  The sentiment comes from a Penny Black set.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Seeing Stars; Wow (Penny Black)
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Midnight Muse; Lucky Limeade; Crumb Cake

Edited to Add:  This card got an honorable mention at Just Add Ink.

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I LOVE this, Karren! Could have worse songs stuck in my head. :) The stars look fantastic in our challenge colours; thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink. xx

lostinpaper said...

So glad that this fab stamp was inked, what a great graphic design!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how I wish I could keep a card as clean as this! This is totally awesome Karren - I just love how you've used this stamp set! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Cathy P said...

Karren, this is so beautiful. I love your take on the sketch and the colors you used.

Nikki Spencer said...

Another lovely card Karen. The colours and those stars just work beautifully with the crisp background. Thanks as always for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set. It's perfect for man cards. Great in these colours too. Chantell JAI

KimB said...

Ohh I love it Karren - I still have this set too. I love the way you overlaid the stars and mixed them. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Mae's Cachet said...

Karren love the splash of stars really emphasises the sentiment so well. Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge at Just Add Ink.