Friday 26 April 2013

Swirly Mother's Day

Today is the last day of my week's holiday.  I haven't been in my stamp room as often as I would have liked, but have had a good week with my boys.

Here's a card I made using the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments, the Anything Sizzix challenge at SUO Challenges and the color challenge at Color Throwdown.




My Big Shot got quite the workout with this card.  I used the Honeycomb EF; the Scribble Swirl  Sizzlet; the Floral Fusion Sizzlet and the large Scallops Framelit.

To mimic the oval shape in the sketch, I paper pierced three ovals.  The DSP comes from a really old pack called Spring Showers.  When I look at the grunged sheets in this pack, I realise Stampin' Up! was ahead of their time with this paper!



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Something to Celebrate
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Spring Flowers DSP; Blush Blossom; Certainly Celery
Ink:  Basic Gray
Accessories:  Scribble Swirl Sizzlet; Floral Fusion Sizzlet; Large Scallops Framelit; Honeycomb EF; White Baker's Twine; Occasions Paper Piercing Pack; Basic Jewels; Jumbo Jewels

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Erin Gonzales said...

SUPER CUTE!! I love the interpretation of your card for our sketch! Great job! Thanks for playing at HSS!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Very sweet card!!!! love the distressed background!!!!
tfs:)

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Pretty!!! Love the distressed background!!! Very pretty color combo!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the distressed honeycomb background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Erika Clark said...

Lovely card! I like how you used paper piercing for the oval shape in the sketch! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job on the challenges!! Love the distressed Honeycomb EF along with all of the other Sizzix details! So thankful that you shared your card with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh man do I love all the textures on your card. The paper piercing detail is super cool combined with the die cut. I am so glad you added your card to our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Karen Barber said...

I absolutely love the abstact combination of elements here, - a design type my mind just can't wrap around but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Such a beautiful creation!

Jen Timko said...

Love this Karren! Love all the texture and the colors! Glad to see you this week at SUO Challenges!

Krista said...

Super cute and very unique use of the sketch! I love the different layers...the swirls, the paper piercing, the sanding, the rhinestones. Thanks for joining us at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

Love the soft colors of your card. Makes a great Mother's Day card. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.