Thursday 14 March 2013

CCMC243 Sketch Challenge

Hi and welcome to another sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary.  This week we have a cool square sketch.  I love square cards!  I think it comes from being a bean-counter - I love the symmetry!

Here's the sketch:


And here's what I did with it:


Funny story about this card.  I'm not the most patient of people and after I covered my leaf with Crystal Effects, I made myself walk away for a couple of hours.  When I came back I stuck my finger in the leaf to see if it was dry yet.  Well, you guessed it - a lovely fingerprint worthy of CSI analysis!  Hence the button, which I hope doesn't look too out of place.

There's lots of distressing and sponging going on with this card.  I used a favorite set French Foliage and  the soon-to-be-retired SAB set Feeling Sentimental for the sentiment.

Thanks for dropping by.  The rest of the challenge team have come up with some fantastic creations using this sketch, so why don't you give it a go as well?

Products used:

Stamps:  French Foliage; Feeling Sentimental
Cardstock:  Soft Suede; Very Vanilla; Crumb Cake; First Edition DSP
Ink:  Soft Suede; Cherry Cobbler; Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Sponges; Distressing Tool; Crystal Effects; Naturals Button; Linen Thread

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

That's funny Karren - I didn't think anything odd at all about the button - I think it looks like it was meant to be there! Loved this card when I saw it in the gallery, especially those earthy, neutrally tones :)

Deb said...

I think the button is perfect! Even if it is covering up evidence - lol! Beautiful card! Love the sponging and distressing!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I always tell my girls that there is always some way to fix a boo-boo and I love the way you fixed yours. The button looks great with the other layers. Love the torn look!

Melissa Davies said...

Clever idea for a cover-up! I love the overall natural look of this card! Perfect for any occasion!

Lisa Martz said...

Such a pretty card...I just love shabby chic and fall colors. There's a mistake you needed to cover up? Where? LOL!