Saturday 1 December 2012

Blossom Birthday

Today in the Southern Hemisphere, it's my good friend Holly's birthday.  Holly lives in the Northern Hemisphere so her birthday isn't really until tomorrow.  But here is a virtual birthday card for Holly, whether it be today or tomorrow LOL.  Happy Birthday, Holly!


To help with the design of this card, I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the color challenge at Colour Me Beautiful.  Unfortunately, this is the last color challenge from that site.  While I haven't been able to play each week, I've really enjoyed the times I have played.  It's pushed me out of my comfort zone to use more than 2-3 colors per card.  So thanks, girls, for challenging me to try something different.

This card uses all five colors although you may be hard-pressed to see where.  I brayered the EF with Crumb Cake ink before running it though with Sahara Sand cardstock.  IRL it gives a bit more depth to the layer.  The roses are stamped using Primrose Petals stamped off, then Rose Red full strength.  The leaves are using Sahara Sand which has just enough of a green tinge to avoid looking completely weird!



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms; Petite Pairs
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand; Very Vanilla; Subtles DSP; 2012-14 In Color DSP
Ink:  Primrose Petals; Rose Red; Crumb Cake; Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Lacy Brocade EF; Basic Pearls; Window Frame Framelits; Brayer

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

Patrice said...

This is a really lovely birthday card Karren. The colours look great together. Beautiful choice of stamps too.

Kerry Parkinson said...

Karren your card is just gorgeous; those flowers look beautiful! So glad you could join us for the last CMB challenge.

Jenny Engelke said...

What a gorgeous card. I discovered the Colour Me Beautiful challenge blog because of your card and am sad that it's the last one! I'm gonna try to play along for the last time. Thanks for this beautiful inspiration!

Linda Callahan said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Karren! Great take on the sketch! The colours are just fabulous! I love the flowers! Your friend will LOVE it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

So pretty!