Monday 2 July 2012

Winter Post

The color challenge at Dynamic Duos this week is Crumb Cake and a color of our choice.  I chose what is one of my favorite colors - Cherry Cobbler.  Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler scream Christmas to me so I made my first Christmas card of the year.  This card also qualifies for The Paper Players challenge this week, which is Christmas in July.



Another of my favorites is the Winter Post set.  I love the vintage images, so I went vintage for this card.  For the card base, the DSP layer and the sentiment panel I used the Music Notes wheel, and on top of that stamped the postmark and snowflake image from Winter Post, all in Crumb Cake ink. The main image is stamped on Crumb cake and colored using markers, so by necessity it had to be a quick job, with little time for shading.  The sentiment comes from Contempo Christmas.

Some sponging and the card was ready to assemble.




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Winter Post; Contempo Christmas
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Cherry Cobbler; First Edition DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon; Crumb Cake; Early Espresso
Accessories:  Music Notes wheel; Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler markers; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon; sponge; Dotted Scallop punch

Edited to add:  This card was picked as the Headliner at Paper Players this week.  How cool is that!

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Wow, this is BEAUTIFUL, Karren!

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous card and that ribbon of your is just delicious!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Allisa said...

Congrats on getting your first Christmas card done this year. I love the mix of backgrounds on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh I love this set too Karren! It looks really gorgeous in the Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler and I love the stamped background you made.

Sabrina said...

Lovely card and design! So simple and elegant! :)

paige said...

Stunning card! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!