Saturday 3 March 2012

PPA130 CAS Card

I decided to join in Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge which was to use Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke and a color of our choice.
Given that Lucky Limeade is not my favorite color, this was a real challenge for me and as you will see, I used the smallest amount of Lucky Limeade I could get away with LOL.

I added Riding Hood Red as my color of choice as it seemed to go well with the greens.
Again, apologies for the grainy photo.  Maybe I need to upgrade my camera.  I've got a Canon Powershot G9 which I love, but I've been eyeing the G11, so this might be the excuse I need...

This is a really simple card.  I used 5 layers of the Blossom Party Bigz Die, which I sprayed with Stampin' Mist to make it easier to screw up the flowers and break the fibers.  I then offset them and secured them with a Lucky Limeade brad and 3/4" punch of Lucky Limeade cardstock.

My sentiment layer is vellum cardstock which I stamped with Black Stazon.  To break up all the Artichoke card base, I scored above and below the vellum.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Curly Cute
Cardstock:  Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke; Riding Hood Red; Vellum Cardstock
Ink:  Black Stazon
Accessories:  Blossom Party Bigz Die; 3/4" circle punch; In Color Brads; Stampin' Mist

Cheers
Karren



2 comments:

Kim S said...

I like how you kept the Limeade to a minimum...it's a pretty bright touch on the flower!

Dawn Tidd said...

You did a great job! The little touch of Lucky Limeade is just right with the Riding Hood Red flower.